St Cadwaladr’s Church, Llangadwaladr
The Rev’d Richard M. Hughes
Tel: 01691 791876
The parish is a tract of sparsely inhabited hill-country and is part of the civil community of Llansilin. Formerly the parish included the village of Tregeiriog and much of the upper Ceiriog valley, but in the late 1980s everything beyond the watershed was transferred to Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog, to which it naturally belongs. Most of the parishioners farm, and a deer-farm and a fishing lake are recent developments. The parish comprises Welsh and English speakers.
Regular monthly services are held between Easter and Harvest. There are occasional services in the winter months. For dates and times of services, please enquire from the Priest-in-Charge. The Harvest Thanksgiving and Christmas Carol services are bi-lingual and ecumenical.
The Church stands on an ancient site sheltered by yew-trees, many of which are 1000 years old. Some of the walls and woodwork of the church date from the 15th century. An eastern apse was added when the church was rebuilt in 1883. The churchyard is vested in and maintained by a local trust. St. Cadwaladr’s is supported by the neighbouring parish of St Silin’s, Llansilin.
Last updated 11th November 2014.